An Aadhaar card is a very important document that is provided by the Government of India to all the people who reside in the Republic of India. An Aadhaar card has increased the outreach and now NRIs can apply for an Aadhaar card without having had to wait 182 days. In July 2019, the Government of India released a notification ensuring a quicker Aadhaar Card for Non-Resident Indians.
Now, any Aadhaar applicant can get his/her Aadhaar on arrival and the documentation in hand (physical copy) can be received within 90 days however, the applicant can download the e-version of the Aadhaar card from the official website. Below, we have provided a step-by-step method of how to apply for an Aadhaar card for NRI online.
Aadhaar card Application procedure for NRIs
The application procedure for the Aadhaar card can be filled both online and offline.
The following are the procedure to apply for an Aadhaar card online for NRIs
- Visit the official website of UIDAI or simply click here- https://uidai.gov.in/
- Now, navigate to the “Book an Appointment” tab and now from the dropdown menu select your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra
- After selecting your Aadhar Kendra, you will be redirected to a page where you have to fill in your mobile number and captcha followed by clicking on the “Generate OTP” button
- Now, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number, enter the OTP received on the box below and verify by pressing the “Verify OTP” button
- Now a new window will appear with an application form where you have to fill in the details like state, city, Aadhaar Seva Kendra followed by choosing the application verification type
- You can choose Head of Family (HoF) for verification and then press next
- Now, you have to fill in your full name along with name proof, gender, address, address proof, Date of Birth, Date of Birth proof, and email ID.
- Now click next
- Here, you have to choose the appointment date and time as per your convenience, and click next
- Now, an appointment form will appear with all the information mentioned. Take a printout of the form and carry it with yourself along with the documents mentioned below for NRIs
The following are the procedure to apply for an Aadhaar card offline for NRIs
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center
- Ask for an enrolment application form or download the application form from the official website.
- Fill the application form with accurate information and make sure to mention NRI status on the application form
- Submit the application form to the representative along with the documentation with mandatory passport attachement
- After submission, your biometric data will be recorded along with other essential verifications
- After the completion of verification, you will be provided with an acknowledgment slip that can be used to download the e-Aadhaar card online once your Aadhaar card is registered by the UIDAI
Aadhaar Card Documents Required for NRIs
The following are the document required for NRIs-
- Indian Passport
- Bank Statement
- Driving license
- Enrollment application form
- PAN Card
You’ll receive your Aadhaar Card within 90 days at the address that you have mentioned via post. Alternatively, you can also download the e-Aadhaar card from the official website.