Technological advancement is one of the indexes that determined the tech advancement of a country. To meet the technological need of India, PM Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) focusing on educating the village side students about the new age technology. According to the 71st NSSO Survey on Education 2014, only 6% of rural households have a computer. This creates a concern for a developing country India as 15 crore rural households are digitally disconnected and does not have adequate knowledge about operating a computer. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan under the Digital India initiative will provide these households with digital Knowledge.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)
|Area Covered||Rural area only|
|Household||Digitally illiterate people 1 from one household|
|Amount||Rs. 300 Per Candidate|
|Training Duration||20 Hours completed within 10-30 days|
The Priority will be provided to those people who are Non-Smartphone users, college dropouts, Participants of the adult literacy mission. It is also provided for those who are of class 9th to 12th, provided facility of Computer/ICT Training is not available in their schools. The preference would be given to SC, ST, and BPL, women, differently-abled persons and minorities
Training Process for PMGDISHA
The Training Process for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan consists of a curriculum that is designed to provide the students with all the necessary education of basic computer operation and the use of the internet to do everyday tasks. Since the students learning under this program does not have a proper infrastructure for learning about the computer therefore, they are provided with a computer system that can be used by the students to learn. The following are the digital education that the PMGDISHA will provide-
- Basics (terminology, navigation, and functionality) of digital devices.
- Information sharing using the digital devices for accessing, creating, managing and sharing information
- Use the Internet to browse in an effective and responsible manner
- To communicate using technology
- Appreciate the role of digital technology in everyday life, in social life and at work
- Using cashless transactions methods like digital financial tools (USSD/ UPI/ e-Wallet/ AEPS/ Card/ PoS)
- Use Digital Locker Use online citizen-centric services
How to Find the Training Partner?
The official website of PMGDISHA provides you with a tool that can be used to find the Training Center authorized under the PMGDISHA. You can use the tool by selecting the state then district followed by the tehsil which will provide you with numerous centers that you can choose from. You can use the Training Partner Searching tool from the link provided to find the training center.
Certification provided under the PMGDISHA
Under the Scheme, it is envisaged that the examination will be conducted by a national level certifying agency. Nine certifying agencies are impaneled under the scheme on National & State level is mentioned below:
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)
- Haryana: Haryana Knowledge Corporation Limited
- Tamilnadu: ICT Academy
- Andhra Pradesh: Andhra University
- Telangana: Indian School of Business-Hyderabad
- Gujarat: Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Jharkhand: BIT-Sindri