If your Bank of India (BOI) Debit Card has gone misplaced or lost by any chance, the very first thing that you should do is to block the Debit card to prevent it from misuse. There are several ways through which you block your card. We are listing those methods below.
Through Customer Care Number
Your debit card could be misused if a suspect gets his hands on it. An easy and faster step is to call on Bank of India card hot listing number, which you can make 24/7 or any hour of the day. Debit card holder will be required to provide all the essential details of the Debit card asked by the Customer Care Executive. Call the below host listing number:
The numbers are accessible over all the network operators in the country.
Through Net banking
If you are a Bank of India net banking user then loggin in into the BOI net banking and blocking card could be much faster way for you. Follow the below steps to block the card:-
- Visit BOI website bankofindia.co.in and select the Personal/Corporate net banking option
- Log in to the account by entering your Log in ID and password.
- Click on the “Requests” tab .
- Now click on “Debit-Cum-ATM Card” from the list.
- Further click on “Hotlist Debit-cum-ATM Card” to block your Bank of India Debit card.
- Select the Debit Card you want to block and then click ‘Submit’.
You will receive confirmation through SMS and you are done.
Through Card Shield Android/iOS Mobile App
Card Shield is an innovative application for using and managing your debit card. It not only allows you to block your card but also gives your features like setting card use limit, transaction alert and more. Steps are given below:
- Download the Star Token app
- After installation open the app it will redirect you to the Bank of India net banking login page.
- Log in to the account by entering your Login ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Requests’ tab from the top menu.
- Now click on ‘Debit-cum-ATM Card’ from the list.
- Further click on ‘Hotlist Debit-cum-ATM Card’ to block your Bank of India Debit card.
- Here you have to select the Debit Card which you want to block and then click ‘Submit’ and you are done.
Send an Email
You may block your debit card by sending email from your registered email with card details at [email protected]. Although this could be time taking process in comparison to call and netbanking methods.
By Visiting the Branch
BOI Customers can visit local Bank of India branch. The users need to inform the branch representatives about the loss of the card, and they will block it. It is always advised to use the Bank of India card hot listing and net banking primarily, if you are unable to use them then only it is good to visit the home branch. Also, it is not convenient as you may lose your card during non-banking hours / bank holidays.
Try to avoid sharing vulnerable details like a PIN or Card Number with anyone. You should always keep your passwords and login details updated. Keep your eyes on nearby when withdrawing cash from ATM.