FASTag is a mandatory device that uses RFID technology to pay toll tax while commuting from a road. The Government of India has made it a necessary device that every vehicle is required to have installed.
The vehicle which does not have this device installed will be charged twice the toll tax amount than what you would pay with a FASTag device.
You can buy FASTag devices from many vendors including many banks and other fintech companies. The Union Bank of India is among one them where you can apply for the FASTag device.
In this article, we will discuss How to Apply for Union Bank FASTag? Features, Application Process, Documents Required, Fees, etc.
Features of Union Bank FASTag Device
The following are the features of the Union Bank of India FASTag Device-
- Using the FASTag device, you can save time, fuel, and money by transiting fast from a toll plaza, save fuel while doing so and money by paying less
- You can recharge the FASTag device easily using online payment systems like UPI, Union Bank FASTag portal, PAYTM, etc.
- A dedicated FASTag portal where you can manage your FASTag account online
- The FASTag comes with a 3-year guarantee and a lifetime validity
How to Apply for Union Bank FASTag?
You can use the following steps to apply for the Union Bank FASTag device-
- Visit your nearest Union Bank Premises and ask the bank representative for the FASTag application form
- The bank representative will provide you with the application form which you’ll have to fill in the details like Vehicle Registration number, Owner Name, address, engine, chassis number, etc.
- After filling in the application form, you’ll have to attach the documents mentioned below followed by submitting the application form and documents along with the initial deposit amount
- Now, the bank representative will review your application and forward it to another department
- Within 5-7 working days, you’ll receive your FASTag device via a post on your address
- After receiving the device, you’ll have to install the device on your vehicle and you’ll be able to use the device easily
Documents Required for Opening Union Bank FASTag?
The following are the documents required for opening a Union Bank FASTag account-
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- SBI FASTag Application form filled
- passport size photograph of the Vehicle owner
- KYC Documents like Aadhaar Card, Driver’s License, Passport, etc.
Union Bank FASTag Fees
The following are the Union Bank FASTag fees associated with the FASTag device-
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Security Amount||Minimum Balance|
|1||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||300||Nil|
|2||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||300|
|3||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300|
|5||12||4 to 6 axle||400||300|
|6||15||7 or More Axle||400||300|
You can install the FASTag device from the inside of the vehicle on the windshield. Remove the sticker from the device and past the sticky side of the sticker in the middle of the windshield and make sure that the device is visible from the outside.
If the Toll Plaza scanner does not work then the toll Plaza must provide you a free transit without demanding any cash, this is a Government of India order to keep the FASTag user incentivized.
In case of any incorrect deduction, you’ll have to contact the NPCI and Union Bank to let them know about the incorrect transaction and they will review your transaction recovery process.