Ration Card is a document issued by the Government to the citizens who belong to the Economic Weaker Section using which subsidised purchasing can be done from Ration Shops.
The ration shop provides very affordable rations to the people who live below the means of helping them by providing cheap ration.
For getting the ration from the ration shop, a ration card is used which contains the name of every family member and based on the family member a limit is set and distribution of the ration will be done.
Now, if any of your family members gets married(women) or dies then you’ll have to remove the person’s name from the ratio Card.
It can be done online as well as offline. In this article, we will discuss How to Remove a Person’s Name from a Ration Card, the Documents Required, and much more.
Online Name Removal from Ration Card
Some states provide online services when it comes to ration cards but you can also find some states that do not have a website for online service or have a website but online name removal is not possible.
In all those cases, you should get the name removed by visiting the ration shop and following the offline method of name removal.
For those who have an online facility to remove ration card, you can follow these steps to remove your name from your Ration Card online-
- Visit the official website of the State’s Food Supply and Ration Card website
- Under the services tab, you’ll find the Name removal as a service on which you’ll have to click
- A form will appear which you’ll have to fill out using your details like ration card number, main head name, name of the family member removed with reason, and other details
- After filling out the form, attach the supportive documents followed by clicking on the submit button
- After clicking on the submit button, your request for the removal of the name from the ration card will be processed and after completion of the process, the name will be removed
List of State Ration Distribution Websites
The following is the list of state ration distribution websites-
|Sr. No||State||Official Website|
Offline Name Removal from Ration Card
You can follow these steps to remove your name from your Ration Card offline-
- Visit the nearest Ration Card shop where you purchase your ration and ask the shop owner for the Name removal form
- Now fill out using your details like ration card number, main head name, name of the family member removed with reason, and other details
- After filling out the form, you’ll have to show the supportive documents for the removal process and your ration card will be updated by the ration shop owner
Documents Required for Removal of Name from Ration Card
The following are the documents that are required for the removal of the name from the ration card-
- Applicant’s Aadhaar Card linked with Ration Card
- Additional members are to be added/removed documents like marriage certificate or death certificate
- Address proof- Electricity Bill, Utility bill, license, etc.
- A signature or thumb impression
Yes, you can use the ration card anywhere in India.
Yes, you can remove your ex-spouse’s name from the ration card in case of divorce by showcasing the relevant document.
Yes, you’ll have to show the marriage certificate to add your spouse’s name to the ration card.
Yes, you can add the adopted baby’s name to the ration card after showcasing the adoption documents and establishing legal guardianship on them.
You can find the name removal form online from the official website of the state’s food ration supply or you can visit the shop where you purchase the ration from and ask the shopkeeper for the form.