Indian Bank offers account opening using which any individual can open a bank account. With the increasing digitization of banking, now Indian Bank also offers a fully digital account opening process using eKYC.
This service is available on limited types of accounts like Digi accounts but, this enables the user to open a bank account within the comfort of their home.
In this article, we will discuss how to open a bank account in Indian Bank, the Documents required, the Account opening process, etc.
But before that let’s find out what are the types of Account offered by Indian Bank.
Types of Bank Account Offered by Indian Bank
The following are the types of accounts that you can open with Indian Bank-
|Account Type||Features||Average Maintenance Balance|
|Savings Bank Account||20 leaves free cheque leaves per annum|
free Rupay ATM cards/ Debit card
100 withdrawals free a year
ECS/RTGS/NEFT facilities are available.
|Rural/ Sub-Urban: |
With Cheque facility-Rs.1000/- Without cheque facility-Rs.500/-
With Cheque facility-Rs.2500/- Without cheque facility-Rs.1000/-
|IB CORP SB – Payroll package scheme for salaried class||60 free personalized cheque leaves per annum |
Online NEFT & RTGS – Free
Free SMS alert, Net/Mobile Banking
Free Rupay platinum card with AMC
Rs.2 Lakhs-Insurance cover on debit card
5 financial and 2 non-financial transactions at other bank ATMs per month free of cost
Free personal accident insurance (death cover)- Rs.2 LAKHS – primary Cardholder, Rs.1 LAKH – First add on card
|IB Smart Kid||Offered to a minor under the supervision of a guardian to ensure early banking habit||With Cheque Book Facility: Rs.250/- Average Monthly Balance Without Cheque Book Facility: Rs.100/- Average Monthly Balance|
|SB Platinum – Savings Bank Platinum Account with Sweep facility||Free 20 leaves per calendar year|
Free online NEFT/RTGS
Rupay Platinum Card with AMC free for individuals
Auto Sweep Features
A Minimum average Balance of Rs. 25,000/-
A Minimum average Balance of Rs. 1,00,000/-
|IB – Sammaan||Specifically designed for Resident Individuals over 60 years old (Retired)|
Free 60 transactions per annum
Free 50 Cheque leaves per annum
Enhanced cash withdrawal facility without charges from non-home branches up to R75,000/- per day
|IB Mahila Shakti For Women||Designed for females and encouraging women empowerment|
25% concession on Demand drafts issued for purposes other than business
Free AMC Rupay Platinum Debit Card
25% discount on locker rentals Concession in interest on retail loans and processing charges
Overdraft facilities are also available
|IB Kishore – Savings Bank Account for Minors||For minors between the age of 10 years to 18 years|
Gets converted into a Gen X account automatically after reaching 18 years of age
RuPay Classic ATM Card only with 1st year AMC free
Rs.10000/- with 3 withdrawals free in Metro ATMs & 5 withdrawals if in Non-Metro including non-financial transactions
|IB Gen X – For the Vibrant Youth||Specifically designed for young and vibrant youth Free Demat Account for the first year|
Optional Health Insurance available at concessional rate
|IB Salaam – Special Account for Defence Personnel||Designed for Serving permanent employee of all defense personnel(Army, Navy, Air force) including BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, Indian Coast Guard, and Para-Military Personnel|
Free Net Banking and Mobile Banking facility
Free Demat Account for the first year
|Savings Bank Account for Pensioners||Specifically designed for State/Central/EPF Pensioners|
20 free personalized cheque leaves per annum
Online NEFT/RTGS free
|IB DIGI – Online SB Account||Special Rupay Classic card with lesser withdrawal/POS limit|
Fully digital bank account with eKYC option
Can be operated using your Smartphone
|Small Account||Specifically designed for low-income individuals||NIL|
How to Open Indian Bank Account?
The following are the account opening process for opening a bank account in Indian Bank-
- Visit the official website of Indian Bank
- A small application form will appear which you have to fill in like name, mobile number, email id, etc.
- An OTP will be sent on your mobile number which you have to enter in the given field and verify the OTP
- After verification of OTP is completed, you’ll now have to verify your Aadhaar card number by entering the Aadhaar number in the field and clicking on the submit button
- Now, An OTP will be sent on your UIDAI registered mobile number and you have to verify the OTP
- After verification of Aadhaar is completed, a partially filled application form will appear which you have to fill before submitting details like father name, mother name, address, PAN Card Number, etc. followed by verifying the PAN number
- After filling out the application form is completed, click on the Create SB account button
- Your account has been created successfully and you’ll be provided with a CIF number. You have to visit the bank branch and submit your KYC documents
- After submitting the KYC Document to the bank, the bank will provide you with the confirmation of your savings bank account and within 7 days of verification, you’ll receive the Welcome kit Net Banking, Mobile Banking, ATM Card, Passbook at your resident address.
- Visit the nearest Indian Bank branch and ask for the account opening form
- Fill the form with correct details, attach the KYC documents and submit the documents to the bank representative
- He/She will verify your application form and after reviewing it will be forwarded for the account opening process
- Now, after final verification is completed, you’ll be notified about the successful account opening and you’ll receive the starter’s kit sent to your resident address that contains your net banking, mobile banking, ATM card, and bank passbook
Documents Required for Opening Bank Account
The following are the documents required for opening a bank account-
- Proof of Identity-Aadhaar card, Driving license, Voter ID card, etc.
- Proof of Address-PAN Card, Utility bills, electricity bills, etc.
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Mobile Number
- Account opening application form/ Online apply