Aadhar card is a document that is issued by the UIDAI to the resident of India as a valid official document as an identification ID.
You’ll need an Aadhar card for almost everything whether it’s to avail Government scheme or to verify your details in any private institution, you’ll need Aadhar.
When a document holds such importance then applying for the Aadhar card is the very first step that you should do for your child as well.
Aadhar card can also be applied for your children even for a newborn baby. During the enrolment process, the person who wants to apply for an Aadhar card must provide his/her biometric details, Fingerprints, and other details.
In the case of minors, who are below 5 years old, the biometric and fingerprint details are taken however, as soon as the children attain an age of 5 years, they’ll have to update the Aadhar details.
In this article, we will discuss how to apply for the Aadhar Card for Children, Documents Required, Baal Aadhar card eligibility, etc.
How are Eligible for Applying for the Aadhar Card for Minor?
Every Resident of India is eligible for the Aadhar card, even a Foreigner living in India can apply for the Aadhar card.
However, for a minor, they would need an introducer who in this case will be the guardian or parents of the child.
If the children are of NRI, then you’ll have to show the valid passport of the minor to authenticate the enrolment for the Aadhar card.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card for Children?
You can follow these steps to apply for the Aadhar card for Children-
- Visit the official website of Aadhar and navigate to the get Aadhar tab followed by clicking on the Book an Appointment button
- Now, choose from in-between the registrar-run Aadhar Seva Kendra or UIDAI-run Aadhar Seva Kendra
- After that, you’ll be redirected to a new portal where you’ll have to enter your Mobile number followed by solving the captcha code
- An OTP will be sent from your registered mobile number which you’ll have to enter
- Now, you’ll be in your personal dashboard where you’ll find a new enrolment button, click on the button
- After clicking on the New Enrolment button, enter the name of the minor, Date of Birth Resident type, and click on the save and proceed
- After that, you’ll have to provide your Address and contact details followed by submitting it
- After the submission, you’ll be redirected to the appointment scheduling portal where you’ll have to schedule your appointment in the Aadhar Seva Kendra with the date, time, and address
- After that, you’ll have to visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra at the scheduled time and venue and your child’s information, biometric, etc. details will be collected
- After successful collection of the Aadhar card details, you’ll receive the Aadhar card at your home address within 60-90 days
Documents Required for Aadhar card for Children
The following are the documents required for the Aadhar card for Children-
- Aadhar card of the Introducer i.e., either of the parent/Guardian
- In the case of NRIs, the Passport of the child as proof of identity
- Birth certificate/ Government Hospital Discharge Slip
Yes, you can apply for the Aadhar card for your newborn baby. The biometrics for the newborn baby will not be collected but you still have to take you’re newborn to the Aadhar Seva Kendra.
No, you do not need to provide biometric details of your newborn baby.
You can update the Aadhar card of your child by clicking on the update Aadhar card on the UIDAI portal. Just follow the instructions to update your Aadhar card.
Yes, Minors and even newborn are necessary to be present in the Aadhar Seva Kendra for physical verification.