If you have an Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Account with you then you have to access the EPF Account the passbook or using other means. EPFO that is responsible for maintaining the Account has launched a Mobile app that enables the account holder to utilize the app for different services that an EPFO Office would provide. This app helps the account holder to get all the details of the EPF account just a few clicks away. It is a free to download app available to download for both Android and iOS devices which makes it available for everyone as most of the people uses only these two platforms.
The download links for the respective devices are listed below-
Umang app is an app developed by the Government of India and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). Umang app stands for the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance that provides the services related to the Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, and Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills. It is one app that brings all the Government services to the user that also includes the EPF Account.
How to Access the EPF Account Using the Umang App?
You can use the following method to access the EPF Account using the Umang App-
- Download and install the Umang App from the Play Store
- Open the app and select the language as per your preference and tick the I Agree followed by Next
- Now you are required to log in or register into the Umang app
- For registration, you are required to provide your mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number which will be automatically verified
- You have successfully registered for the Umang App
- Now find the EPFO icon from the services listed below to access your EFP Account
- After clicking on the EPFO Tab you will be provided with options to access your account
- Based on your requirement you can select the tab and access the service you want
Other Services Offered by the Umang App
As Mentioned above that this is not only an EPFO Account but also a unified platform for all the Government schemes. All the Government departments are available to provide you the service to ensure that you will be served by using only one app.
The following are the Government scheme and departments that can be accessed using the Umang App-
- Digital India
- National e-Governance Plan
- Make in India
- Startup India
- Industrial corridors
- Dedicated Freight Corridors
- All Government Ministry
- And major Pradhan Mantri Yojanas